Sunday, March 14, 2010

Currently on display at The DBerman gallery, until March 27th

Release
New Paintings by Denny McCoy

11 February – 27 March 2010

d berman gallery is pleased to present Release, an exhibit of vibrant new paintings by Denny McCoy. Using a newly bright palette, Mr. McCoy continues his exploration of visual perception and the emotional and physical effects of color and spatial relationships. Mr. McCoy lives and works in Wimberley, Texas. He says: "I try to work at not knowing what I'm doing. During many years of painting, I have gained a certain pattern of understanding and judgment that is at odds with my hope of exploring unseen areas. It is the letting go of this accumulated knowledge and decision making process that I find necessary to be in that place where I am most capable of not knowing what I'm doing. To separate myself from my experience is foolish, but to see it as not relevant to making future judgments is required."

D BERMAN GALLERY
CONTEMPORARY FINE ART
1701 GUADALUPE STREET
AUSTIN, TEXAS 78701
512.477.8877


REGULAR HOURS (September – June)
TUESDAY – SATURDAY, 11 – 6
& by appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment